How do I get involved?
Jump onboard with one of our do-it-yourself fundraising ideas, or do your own thing! Whatever you decide, when you sign up, you’ll be making a difference in the lives of men with prostate cancer.
How to fundraise?
Set up your fundraising page to start collecting donations that will transform the lives of men with prostate cancer. Scroll down to see more ways to fundraise.
Start telling your friends, family, workmates, and people you meet on the street! Let people you meet know what your challenge means to you - and ask them to support our cause!
We're always here to help! Give us a call on 1800 22 00 99 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find us on social media. Get in touch!
Who is PCFA?
Who is PCFA?
We’re Australia’s leading community-based organisation for prostate cancer research, awareness, and support.
What drives us?
You. Our vision is a future where no Australian man dies of prostate cancer, and no family is left behind.
What kind of fundraising do we do?
Every kind! With the support of good people like you, we hold events all year round, raising vital funds to keep up our research, awareness, and support for the men you love. Here are some flagship PCFA campaigns you can get involved with:
- Big Aussie Barbie - Get your grill on and help start a conversation that can save a life.
- It's a Bloke Thing (IABT) - Get a table together for one of our gala lunches and make your good time count.
- Dry July - Go Dry in July for PCFA and help fund our Specialist Nursing Services.
- The Long Run - Run, walk, or wheel 72km every September to raise funds and awareness.
- The Long Ride - Join motorcycling enthusiasts from around Australia in the ride of a lifetime, cruising different coasts each year.
- The Prostate Cancer Rally - Join the 4WD adventure of a lifetime on this week-long expedition through the great Australian outback.
- The Blue Hero - Be a true blue host at your own blue-themed fundraising event.
- Community fundraising - Fly the PCFA flag in your home or work huddle and help us raise much-needed coin for a cause that’s close to your heart. You can raise funds any way you like - we appreciate every opportunity to increase awareness and support new research projects and nurses in our community.
Where does your fundraising go?
When you fundraise with us, you will be:
- Promoting and funding world leading, innovative research into prostate cancer.
- Supporting education, awareness, and advocacy for our whole community.
- Providing life-changing services and support for men and families impacted by prostate cancer.
How to Fundraise
Who can fundraise for PCFA?
Everyone! Our events are designed for people of all ages and abilities who care as much as we do about beating prostate cancer.
If you’re under the age of 18, be sure to get an okay from your parents or guardian before you sign-up.
How much does registering for fundraising events cost?
How great is this ... you can register for FREE!
Are donations tax-deductible?
All donations of $2 or more to Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia are tax-deductible in Australia.
Is there a minimum amount you have to raise?
Better still - there is NO MINIMUM amount you need to raise! That said, we’d love you to raise as much as you can manage, so that we can take your donations and turn them into good. :)
How can you bank donations given to you in cash?
You can follow two easy steps to transfer cash donations to your online campaign:
Step 1: Deposit the money into your personal bank account, linked to your debit or credit card.
Step 2: Use your card to make an online donation to your campaign, transferring the donations you collected.
If you prefer, you can also make multiple transactions and add each donor's name and their individual messages to you.
And then - ta-dah! - your total fundraising tally will appear on your page!
What’s the best way to ask for donations?
One of the best things you can do to help us raise funds is share your page and your campaign activities on social media, and ask your friends, family, and workmates to share it for you too.
You can access a range of great fundraising resources on your page to help with collecting donations from your family and friends. Just visit your Download Resources page and call or email us if you have any questions.
How do you share your fundraising page?
Easy! When you’re on your fundraising page, simply click on the buttons at the top of the page to share your campaign on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or via email, or copy your unique campaign link to send it via SMS or other messaging apps.
You've shared your page on Facebook asking for donations using the Facebook Donate button. Will the money you raise come to PCFA?
Yes, BUT we recommend against using the Facebook Donate button to raise money for your fundraiser, because we can’t link any donations back to your fundraising page.
If you’ve already set up a post, we suggest that you:
- Delete your post, as this is the only way to remove the Facebook Donate button; and
- Create a new Facebook post and share the link to your fundraising page without adding the ‘Donate’ button.
Why aren't the donations you’re receiving through Facebook showing up on your fundraising page?
Facebook donations are handled and held by a third party, so we can’t access the details to connect them to your fundraising page. Therefore, we strongly recommend against using “Facebook donate” - simply share the link to your campaign on Facebook instead, which will direct people straight to your page.
If you’re doing a fitness challenge, how do you log your distance online with Strava, Fitbit or MapMyFitness?
Your profile page includes your personal distance tally, allowing you to track your progress towards your target. You can also use this as a way to showcase your success as your campaign happens!
If you track your workouts with Fitbit, Strava or MapMyFitness, your distances will automatically add to your tally. If you don’t use one of these apps, logging your fitness activities manually is easy.
Follow these steps to track your KMs automatically:
- Download the Fitbit, Strava or MapMyFitness app and set up your account.
- Log in to your account on your fundraising page, and in your Dashboard go to the My Fitness Activity page.
- Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred Fitness app’, click your chosen app.
- Follow the prompts to connect your account.
- When you next work out, select ‘start your workout’ in the app on your phone. Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be added to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already and it stops working, try logging out and reconnecting it.
If you’re using Fitbit, you need to ‘start’ an activity and then save it. Note that your daily steps will not automatically add to your page. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
Your tally will be updated each day with the previous day’s distances.
How do you log your distance manually?
You can manually add your kilometres to your online tally in the “My Fitness Activity” tab of your profile after registering. This is a great option if you’re using a pedometer or a different method of tracking your distances.
Follow these steps to manually add your KMs:
- Log in to your account and select ‘My Fitness Activity’.
- Under ‘Add activity’, enter the date and distance.
- The number of KMs will now appear on your fundraising page!
Do you need a personal fundraising page as well as a team page?
Yes! It’s a great idea to have both, so that you can amplify your message. We encourage you to create a team with your family, friends or workmates and amp up the volume to get as many people involved as you can in supporting your efforts and giving you kudos.
Does your team need a captain?
It sure does! All teams need a captain who is responsible for managing the team’s page and fundraising targets. Usually this is the team member who sets up the team. If you need to swap team captains, just email us via email@example.com or call us today on 1800 22 00 99.
How do you create a team?
Creating a team is easy, you can create your team when you first register – it’s part of our simple 3 step registration process. Alternatively, you can go to your Fundraising “Dashboard” and select the “CREATE A TEAM” section, and follow the prompts.
How does someone join your team once you set it up?
You simply go to the “MY TEAM” section and you can share the link to join your team from the “Invite others to join My Team“ section. From here they will be directed to either “Create an account” or “Login” to their existing account.
Need help? We’re here for you!
Our team can help you with fundraising tips and resources to help you on your way!
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1800 22 00 99